Thursday, February 01, 2007

Upon a Sinner's Cross He Hung

Original tune: In Loving Kindness Jesus Came; Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932

Upon a sinner’s cross he hung
For lying thieves, all I had done.
What I deserve, he took for me
My crimes, my penalty

Chorus: From manger scene to rugged tree
Christ knew no sin for you and me.
From God’s right hand, eternal plan
To please His name, for you and me.

He cried aloud, “Forgive them, Lord”
We pierced his side with hate and sword.
The blood and water that was shed,
He crushed the serpent's head.

Chorus:

In those dark hours of his death
The father’s law is wholly kept.
And from the dust of fallenness
He rose victorious.

Chorus:

I love Him for the heart made new
The pain and hell he suffered through.
He washes white the sinner’s stain,
I live to praise His name.

Chorus:

No comments: