Monday, December 31, 2007

Solo Christo!

Original tune: The Strife is O’er; Giovanni P. Da Palestrina, 1525-1994; adapt. William Henry Monk, 1823-1889.
Acts 4:12


How irresistible His grace that drew me out of sin’s dark place.
No more can I resist his face; Sola Gratia!

Now Christ alone becomes my all by faith received upon his call
Transforming light, I cannot fall; Sola Fide!

No other name can men be saved apart from Christ, God’s wrath remains.
Turn now to Christ in humble praise; Solo Christo!

He who began this work in you will surely raise all things anew.
The Triune God, all glory due; Hallelujah!

Thy word alone upholds all things, alone can make my heart to sing.
O death, O grave, where now thy sting; Solo Christo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.