Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For the Sake of Christ

Original tune: Onward, Christian Soldiers; Arthur S. Sullivan, 1842-1900.
Philippians 3: 7-14

For the sake of Christ, counting all things loss
That I may know Jesus, suff’rings of the cross
What I did not deserve Christ has won for me.
Counting all things rubbish to be found in Thee

Chorus:
Onward toward the prize to know Christ my Lord
For the worth of Jesus, grace to know him more

That which comes through faith, righteousness of Christ,
That I may attain his resurrection life.
Christ the weight of glory, any means to know
Becoming more like him, grace by faith alone.

Chorus:

Journey through this world, vesting by my king,
May I give up wanting, be Thine offering.
Storing up no treasure on this land to keep
Selling all to invest, fruits of grace to reap.

Chorus:

No comments: